Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dodgy Private Messages??

Default Dodgy Private Messages??

Logged on for the first time in ages today, and had a private message. It was from a person called 'Mann In Black' asking me to click on a link to check for viruses on my PC. This user is now banned so it set alarm bells ringing. I deleted this message without returning the receipt.

Has anyone else had a message like this?

Added by Skymouse: If you see any message that looks like spam or abuse, etc, please click the report button. The report button can be found in private messages and also messages in the forum. It looks like this:
    Last edited by skymouse; Thu, 11 Feb 10 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Instructions added by Skymouse for reporting spam

Default Re: Dodgy Private Messages??

Yes, Givepeeachance.

There have been two or three of these recently. Do not under any circumstances click on such links, which are intended to infect your computer not fix it! The message that the recipient is virus infected is simply untrue and designed to get you to abandon common sense and click the dodgy link. Don't do it! We ban the senders permanently as soon as we are aware of them, in the same way as other spammers.
    Regards, Wet Trousers (WT)
    (I was over 18 in the pics used to make my avatar - in fact, the trousers were nearer 18 than I was!)

Furthermore, if you receive any message that seems at all suspicious, please report the message so that we can take the quickest action.
    --
    Skymouse

Administrator of wetbbs.com, the panty wetting message board.

Photographer & videographer for Skymouse Productions, which supplies photosets and videos for Wetting Her Panties, the panty-wetting video and photo site.

I've had a few Spams. I assume that since this board is not the hive of activity it was a couple of years ago, spammers get in, lay their eggs/crap and move on because there isn't the constant chatter that there used to be to show them up.

Ooops - sorry Sky. I just deleted mine from BestForumTeam (also banned - so I guess you're wise to them) before I read this.

It somehow didn't ring true that somebody could remote-detect that my machine was infected.

Besides which, "BestForumTeam" just isn't Skymouse style.

The word "Forum" is now disallowed in any new user name.
    --
    Skymouse

Photographer & videographer for Skymouse Productions, which supplies photosets and videos for Wetting Her Panties, the panty-wetting video and photo site.

There's another one in my inbox, do you have access to it in order to take the necessary action?

I wrote a message to a member and got a dodgey response likely not from them as the other posters said a link to a site to fix virus I supposedly had on my machine so wonder where it is coming from ?

Sky,

You probably already have but can you also ban names including 'Admin', 'Administrator', 'Mod', 'Moderator', 'Supervisor' and any others you can think of. We had a couple like that. They don't seem to attack 'Mouse' LOL

And nbear8's point is a good one. Can you make sure the Board has the latest software update, anti-virus and anti-spam please, as the prevalence of attacks suggests that something has been compromised.
    Regards, Wet Trousers (WT)
    (I was over 18 in the pics used to make my avatar - in fact, the trousers were nearer 18 than I was!)

"admin" is already banned, along with "forum" - and any names that contain those words (e.g. administrator, CoolAdminGuy, SkymouseAdmistrationalEnrocer, etc.

I could also ban "Mod".... but that would then also hit some innocent names, e.g. words contain modern, mode, Lover of WetModels, etc.
    --
    Skymouse