Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dodgy Private Messages??

Thumbs up Re: Dodgy Private Messages??

I am getting these too... wouldn't a good way to stop this be to have anyone have to have XX amount of posts on the board before they can send private messages? Internet 101 says don't click on a link in an email such as these though....

Default Re: Dodgy Private Messages??

The past days all of the user bot names end with "man". I agree in the pvt message disable as long as there was no message posted on the board. (If possible)
    I wouldn't even mind to disable the whole pvt message thing for a while...

Ger.

To report a spam message:

1. When you have the private message open on your screen, look for the tiny symbol that looks like an exclamation mark inside a triangle.

It looks like this:

Click that symbol, and then Send.

I will receive the notification, along with a copy of the offending spam message, and have a quick way to ban the spammer.

Please use this method of reporting. I will ban all reported spammers eventually, but ones who are reported using this mechanism will be handled first.

SM
    --
    Skymouse

Administrator of wetbbs.com, the panty wetting message board.

Photographer & videographer for Skymouse Productions, which supplies photosets and videos for Wetting Her Panties, the panty-wetting video and photo site.

Sky,

I agree with Ger. Provate messages need to be restricted. Since the bots found this loophole, the number has grown from 1 in a week to 3 a day. I have, therefore, had to disable the ability to receive private messages in my profile except from contacts. That may stop users reporting dodgy messages to me as well, I am not sure.

I have also turned off visitor messages, as there is no control over those.

Let us know if you make the system more secure and I can then open up my profile settings again.

Others may also want to make this profile change.
    Regards, Wet Trousers (WT)
    (I was over 18 in the pics used to make my avatar - in fact, the trousers were nearer 18 than I was!)

Sky - do you want us to bother reporting if you've already banned the spammer by the time we see their message? Or in those circs, should we just delete without troubling you??

Thumbs down Re: Dodgy Private Messages??

Quote Originally Posted by GIVEPEEACHANCE View Post
    Logged on for the first time in ages today, and had a private message. It was from a person called 'Mann In Black' asking me to click on a link to check for viruses on my PC. This user is now banned so it set alarm bells ringing. I deleted this message without returning the receipt.

Has anyone else had a message like this?

Added by Skymouse: If you see any message that looks like spam or abuse, etc, please click the report button. The report button can be found in private messages and also messages in the forum. It looks like this:
    I have just checked my private message box only to discover that I'd had no less than seven such messages since Monday, all purporting to be from different people. Needless to say they've all been deleted without any read receipts being sent.

Smile Re: Dodgy Private Messages??

Would it be possible to restrict the sending and receiving of private messages to individuals who have made 15 or more meaningful posts, as is the practice at Peesearch?

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo View Post
    Sky - do you want us to bother reporting if you've already banned the spammer by the time we see their message? Or in those circs, should we just delete without troubling you??
    If the user is already marked as banned, it's not necessary to send the report.
    --
    Skymouse

Administrator of wetbbs.com, the panty wetting message board.

Photographer & videographer for Skymouse Productions, which supplies photosets and videos for Wetting Her Panties, the panty-wetting video and photo site.

Now Sky has added this restriction preventing immediate Private Messages, I have again enabled them on my profile. I will definitely now get 'report' messages from registered users but, as Sky says, you only need to click the report button if we have not already exterminated the bot or spammer!
    Regards, Wet Trousers (WT)
    (I was over 18 in the pics used to make my avatar - in fact, the trousers were nearer 18 than I was!)