Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Geek Test

Default The Geek Test

Well I happened to be contributing to the Word Association thread (as you do) and the Word 'Geek' came up. So I posted it and then looked it up and found this. Now I'm sure that that doesn't apply to anyone reading this Board and I would like to stress that I certainly did not have WT in mind when I wrote it!!

Any way here it is. See how many you can tick. Rank your level of geekiness!! http://www.innergeek.us/geek-test.html
    Last edited by Holly; Sat, 22 Apr 06 at 4:25 PM.

Default Re: The Geek Test

37.47535% - Major Geek

Actually, not that major, really. Honest!
    I LOVE that test!

Boris.
    (This came to you from Boris)

29.70012% - obviously I don't deserve my reputation as a geek!

BTW, I deny ever having snorted while laughing.

—Bloom
    At my age, a good day is any day I don't have to see a urologist.

9,07 % geekish tentencies.
    But I'm fine with that. )
    Cynicism is merely the art of seeing things as they are instead of as they ought to be. (Oscar Wilde)

I repeat my score from Word Association:

I'm livid! I answered the questions honestly and only just scraped into being a geek with 18%!

PS I presume my yellow tee shirt scores a point for being both geeky and old-fashioned?
    I'm sure it's rigged: I should have scored higher than that with all I know about computers!!! Now Holly doesn't even think I'm a geek... Heee, hee!
    Regards, Wet Trousers (WT)
    (I was over 18 in the pics used to make my avatar - in fact, the trousers were nearer 18 than I was!)

If you can actually maintain a high enough level of interest to complete all of those questions without it seeming a chore, you are an uber geek by default!!

Ok having found the test I thought I ought to have a go.......so I answered the questions honestly and got 3.35306% which apparently makes me a 'Poser'

Thanks to everybody for a having a laugh as well. And WT.... with your love of computers, the train spotting, your fashion sense!! and your Lord of the Rings DVD's........... of course I've never thought of you as a geek!

LOL Kate! You need to use speed reading on things like that.

As for Holly, I have never been a train spotter! I am interested in preservation and travel on steam trains, but I ride behind them, not spot them! Hunh!!! Your score would have been better if they had boxes for reading law books as well as Trekkie stuff (I'm not a Trekkie). Heee, hee!
    Regards, Wet Trousers (WT)
    (I was over 18 in the pics used to make my avatar - in fact, the trousers were nearer 18 than I was!)

Well I scrape into the lower end of Geekiness at 16.96%, which I'm pretty comfortable with

I did fear that being an economist with historian tendencies, and knowing an unhealthy amount of trivia was going to get me into trouble...but my complete lack of computer knowledge has saved me from major geekage!

Who's gonna be next to confess their geekiness then?

DWF.

My bf did this test, too. And he scored somewhere about 46%...
    Cynicism is merely the art of seeing things as they are instead of as they ought to be. (Oscar Wilde)